By Peter J. Bailey,Sam B. Girgus
Edited via popular Allen specialists, A spouse to Woody Allen offers a set of 26 unique essays at the director’s motion pictures. Contributions provide a few divergent serious views whereas increasing the contexts within which his paintings is understood.
- A well timed better half by means of the authors of 2 of an important books on Allen to date
- Illuminates the flicks of Woody Allen from a couple of divergent serious perspectives
- Explores the contexts within which his paintings could be understood
- Assesses Allen’s impressive filmmaking profession from its early beginnings and investigates the conflicts and contradictions that suffuse it
- Discusses Allen’s reputation as a world cinematic figure
Read or Download A Companion to Woody Allen (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Best film & video art books
The romantic comedy has lengthy been considered as an inferior movie style via critics and students alike, accused of protecting a strict narrative formulation that is thought of superficial and hugely predictable. even though, the style has resisted the detrimental scholarly and significant reviews and for the final 3 a long time the regular elevate within the numbers of romantic comedies place the style one of the preferred ones within the globally dominant Hollywood movie undefined.
This cutting edge choice of essays on twenty-first century chinese language cinema and relocating photo tradition beneficial properties contributions from a world group of students, critics, and practitioners. Taken jointly, their views make a compelling case that the previous decade has witnessed a thorough transformation of traditional notions of cinema.
Modifying and Montage in overseas movie and Video offers a theoretical and useful method of the paintings of modifying. during this ebook, Luís Fernando Morales Morante explores the overseas historical past, expertise, thought, sensible concepts, psychology, and cognitive results of enhancing throughout a number of media from around the globe, that includes case stories from movie, dramatic tv, information media, song video clips, advertisements, and mobile-delivered codecs, from the movies of Sergei Eisenstein to Michael Jackson’s "Thriller" to assurance of the 2012 U.
This ebook analyzes early twenty-first century movie and television’s fascination with representing the Anglo-American eighteenth century. Grounded in cultural stories, movie reports, and variation idea, the ebook examines how those works represented the eighteenth century to appease anxieties approximately values, structures, and associations firstly of a brand new millennium.
- Towards a Feminist Cinematic Ethics
- Hybrid Heritage on Screen: The ‘Raj Revival’ in the Thatcher Era
- Spike Lee: Finding the Story and Forcing the Issue: Finding the Story and Forcing the Issue (Modern Filmmakers)
- Great Spanish Films Since 1950
Additional info for A Companion to Woody Allen (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
A Companion to Woody Allen (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) by Peter J. Bailey,Sam B. Girgus