By G Gaskell
G. A. Gaskell’s Dictionary of the Sacred Language of All Scriptures and Myths, first released in 1923, examines numerous varied features of faith, together with examples from historical Egyptian faith and mythology to modern day Christianity, supplying factors of gods, occasions, and logos in alphabetical order. it is a excellent reference publication for college kids of theology or the heritage of faith.
Read Online or Download A Dictionary of the Sacred Language of All Scriptures and Myths (Routledge Revivals) PDF
Best christian reference books
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the previous testomony, exemplified through the ebook of Ruth. each one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a selected subject; Naomi broadcasts her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
In his letters, the Apostle Paul can show either the arrogance that Christ dwells within the believer (Rom. 8:10) and the eager for Christ to come back in order that believers can ultimately be united with him (1 Thess. 4:17). Peter Orr develops the case that this under-explored courting among the presence and shortage of Christ sheds very important mild on Paul's Christology.
A lot has been written in regards to the lifetime of Jesus in works that regularly declare to be ancient and to hire historic equipment. but purely occasionally are the equipment and the presuppositions concerned made specific. even though, it has additionally been claimed extra lately decisive switch in our view of the character of historic wisdom and techniques has taken position, in that the 'modern' has given strategy to the 'postmodern'.
John Milton’s epic poem Paradise misplaced consciously seeks to “justify the methods of God to males. ” The Apostle Paul’s magisterial letter to the Romans doesn't loads intend to protect God’s methods as to claim God’s Word—a be aware made public in the gospel. In Romans 9–11 this statement happens in the context of God’s afflicted courting with Israel, either earlier and destiny.
- Sense Perception and Testimony in the Gospel According to John (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- The Indelible Image: The Theological and Ethical Thought World of the New Testament: The Collective Witness: 2 (New Testament Theology and Ethics)
- The Acts of Paul and Thecla: A Critical Introduction and Commentary (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Iconographic Exegesis of the Hebrew Bible / Old Testament: An Introduction to Its Theory, Method, and Practice
- John's Apologetic Christology: Legitimation and Development in Johannine Christology (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
Additional info for A Dictionary of the Sacred Language of All Scriptures and Myths (Routledge Revivals)
A Dictionary of the Sacred Language of All Scriptures and Myths (Routledge Revivals) by G Gaskell