By Richard Burns,Joseph Siracusa
Written via preeminent authors within the box, this e-book offers an obtainable international narrative of the nuclear palms race due to the fact 1945 that makes a speciality of the jobs of key scientists, army chiefs, and political leaders.
• Makes the case that nuclear weaponry steadily assumed political stature and got here to dominate high-level diplomatic activity
• Describes inherent difficulties posed via quite a few supply platforms of nuclear weaponry
• attracts connections among army technique and nuclear palms regulate efforts in addition to anti-missile systems
• Identifies and assesses post-Cold struggle matters in facing nuclear terrorism
Read Online or Download A Global History of the Nuclear Arms Race: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics [2 volumes]: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar military history books
Throughout the post--World warfare II period, American international coverage prominently featured direct U. S. army intervention within the 3rd international. but the chilly conflict put restraints on the place and the way Washington may perhaps interfere until eventually the cave in of the previous Soviet Union got rid of the various boundaries to -- and ideological justifications for -- American intervention.
In October and November of 2001, small numbers of squaddies from the military distinct Forces entered Afghanistan, associated up with components of the Northern Alliance (an collection of Afghanis against the Taliban), and, in a remarkably brief time period, destroyed the Taliban regime. informed to paintings with indigenous forces and body of workers just like the Northern Alliance, those squaddies, occasionally driving on horseback, mixed smooth army know-how with historical options of critical Asian conflict in what was once later defined as "the first cavalry cost of the twenty-first century.
Highlights of the amount comprise pioneering essays at the method of intelligence stories by way of Michael Fry and Miles Hochstein, and the longer term perils of the surveillance nation by way of James Der Derian. top specialists at the heritage of Soviet/Russian intelligence, Christopher Andrew and Oleg Gordievsky, give a contribution essays at the ultimate days of the KGB.
"First released in 1994, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
- Controlling the Weapons of War: Politics, Persuasion, and the Prohibition of Inhumanity (Contemporary Security Studies)
- The Royal Air Force and the European Union 1950-1980
- Intelligence Theory: Key Questions and Debates (Studies in Intelligence)
- Waltzing into the Cold War: The Struggle for Occupied Austria (Williams-Ford Texas A&M University Military History Series)
- The Korean War at Sixty: New Approaches to the Study of the Korean War
Extra resources for A Global History of the Nuclear Arms Race: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics [2 volumes]: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics (Praeger Security International)
A Global History of the Nuclear Arms Race: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics [2 volumes]: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics (Praeger Security International) by Richard Burns,Joseph Siracusa