By Nicholas D Spencer
Man lubricates generally with oil. Nature lubricates completely with water. natural water is a terrible lubricant, however the addition of proteins, specifically glycoproteins, can adjust surfaces to lead them to way more lubricating at gradual speeds. figuring out how nature does this, and the actual constructions concerned, is not just very important for the knowledge of illnesses reminiscent of osteoarthritis, but in addition crucial for the profitable software of articulating implants, reminiscent of hips and knees, in addition to the improvement of scientific units similar to catheters and phone lenses. a bunch of significant purposes of water-based lubrication are already in position within the own care and nutrition industries, and extra commercial purposes of water-based lubrication may have an important optimistic influence at the environment.
This ebook is the 1st of its variety. It brings jointly the newest learn in organic and biomimetic, water-based lubrication and is authored through the world's specialists within the field.
- Tribology of typical Articular Joints (Rowena Crockett)
- Sticky and Slippery: Interfacial Forces of Mucin and Mucus Gels (Seunghwan Lee)
- Aqueous Lubrication and foodstuff Emulsions (Jason R Stokes)
- Aqueous Lubrication in Cosmetics (Gustavo S Luengo, Anthony Galliano and Claude Dubief)
- Hydrogel Friction and Lubrication (Jian Liu and Jian Ping Gong)
- Aqueous Lubrication with Polymer Brushes (Suzanne Giasson and Nicholas D Spencer)
- Water-Like Lubrication of not easy Contacts via Polyhydric Alcohols (Jean Michel Martin and Maria Isabel De Barros-Bouchet)
- Aqueous Lubrication of Ceramics (Mitjan Kalin)
Readership: educational and business tribologists, fabrics scientists, biomechanics pros, and physicists and chemists with an curiosity in tribology.
Read or Download Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series) PDF
Best textiles & polymers books
Guy lubricates ordinarily with oil. Nature lubricates completely with water. natural water is a bad lubricant, however the addition of proteins, specially glycoproteins, can alter surfaces to cause them to way more lubricating at gradual speeds. figuring out how nature does this, and the actual constructions concerned, isn't just very important for the knowledge of illnesses similar to osteoarthritis, but in addition crucial for the profitable software of articulating implants, resembling hips and knees, in addition to the advance of clinical units corresponding to catheters and make contact with lenses.
The 1st quantity of fabrics in activities apparatus has turn into a vital reference describing advancements in fabrics know-how and their impression on gear in a number of activities. This moment quantity combines insurance of modern advancements in complex fabrics and their software in a few activities no longer lined in quantity one.
This short presents an up to date review of clever surfactants and describes a vast spectrum of triggers that set off the formation of wormlike micelles or reversibly track the morphology of surfactant aggregates from wormlike micelles to a different kingdom, or vice versa. Combining the fields of chemistry, physics, polymer technological know-how, and nanotechnology, its basic concentration is at the layout, formula, and processing of clever viscoelastic surfactant strategies, overlaying the medical rules governing responsiveness to at least one or extra specific triggers, all the way down to the end-use-driven services.
Environmental concerns are actually turning into very important components throughout the number of patron items together with textiles in all places global. India’s fabric industries have proven a extraordinary dynamism when it comes to progress and export functionality. This has created a really fit surroundings for the expansion of fabric quarter in our nation.
- Introduction to Fluoropolymers: Materials, Technology and Applications (PDL Handbook)
- Roadmap to Sustainable Textiles and Clothing: Eco-friendly Raw Materials, Technologies, and Processing Methods (Textile Science and Clothing Technology)
- Multiscale Modelling of Polymer Properties (Computer Aided Chemical Engineering)
- Arc Protection Clothing
- Fluoropolymers 2: Properties: Properties v. 2 (Topics in Applied Chemistry)
- Handbook of Sustainable Polymers: Processing and Applications
Additional info for Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series)
Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series) by Nicholas D Spencer