By Joel R. Fried
The Definitive advisor to Polymer ideas, houses, Synthesis, functions, and Simulations
Now absolutely revised, Polymer technology and expertise, 3rd Edition, systematically studies the field’s present nation and rising advances. major polymer professional Joel R. Fried deals glossy insurance of either processing ideas and functions in a number of industries, together with drugs, biotechnology, chemical substances, and electronics.
This edition’s new and extended assurance levels from complex synthesis to the newest drug supply functions. New themes comprise managed radical polymerization, click on chemistry, eco-friendly chemistry, block copolymers, nanofillers, electrospinning, and more.
A brand-new bankruptcy deals broad tips for predicting polymer homes, together with extra insurance of crew correlations, and new discussions of using topological indices and neural networks. this can be additionally the 1st introductory polymer textual content to completely clarify computational polymer technology, together with molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo equipment. Simulation thoughts are supported with many program examples, starting from prediction of PVT values to permeability and unfastened volume.
Fried completely covers man made polymer chemistry; polymer houses in answer and in soften, rubber, and stable states; and all vital different types of plastics. This revised version additionally provides many new calculations, end-of-chapter difficulties, and references.
In-depth assurance contains
- Polymer synthesis: step- and chain-growth; bulk, resolution, suspension, emulsion, solid-state, and plasma; ionic drinks, and macromers; and genetic engineering
- Amorphous and crystalline states, transitions, mechanical homes, and solid-state characterization
- Polymers and the surroundings: degradation, balance, and extra
- Additives, blends, block copolymers, and composites–including interpenetrating networks, nanocomposites, buckyballs, carbon nanotubes, graphene, and POSS
- Biopolymers, traditional polymers, fibers, thermoplastics, elastomers, and thermosets
- Engineering and strong point polymers, from polycarbonates to ionic polymers and high-performance fibers
- Polymer rheology, processing, and modeling
- Correlations and simulations: workforce contribution, topological indices, man made neural networks, molecular dynamics, and Monte Carlo simulations