By Alan V. Murray
Read Online or Download Crusade and Conversion on the Baltic Frontier 1150–1500 PDF
Best russian history books
The Caucasus is a strategically and economically very important sector in modern international affairs. Western curiosity within the Caucasus has grown speedily on account that 1991, fuelled by way of the admixture of oil politics, nice strength competition, ethnic separatism and terrorism that characterizes the sector. besides the fact that, beforehand there was little figuring out of ways those matters got here to imagine the significance they've got this present day.
Overturning the twentieth century's standard view of the Macedonians, Damianopoulos makes use of 3 domain names of proof - ancient documentation, cognitive self-descriptor reviews, and sociocultural positive aspects - to illustrate that the Macedonians are a distinct, non-Slav, non-Greek, ethnic identity.
This engagingly written brief historical past of Russia offers readers with a transparent realizing of Russia's lengthy and intricate background in the course of the occasions of 1998. it's the newest background on hand. From its beginnings, in the course of the centuries-long reign of the tsars, the Communist revolution, the years less than Stalin, the ascent of Gorbachev and the cave in of Communism, and the commercial morass during which Russia reveals itself this day, this account may also help the reader to place the tumultuous heritage that's Russia into viewpoint.
Early life and Rock within the Soviet Bloc explores the increase of juvenile as shoppers of pop culture and the globalization of renowned tune in Russia and japanese Europe. This number of essays demanding situations assumptions that Communist leaders and Western-influenced formative years cultures have been inimically antagonistic to each other.
- Popular Perceptions of Soviet Politics in the 1920s: Disenchantment of the Dreamers
- Painting Imperialism and Nationalism Red: The Ukrainian Marxist Critique of Russian Communist Rule in Ukraine, 1918-1925
- Tobacco in Russian History and Culture: The Seventeenth Century to the Present (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
- Lesbian Lives in Soviet and Post-Soviet Russia: Post/Socialism and Gendered Sexualities (Genders and Sexualities in the Social Sciences)
- Anatomy of Post-Communist European Defense Institutions: The Mirage of Military Modernity
- Russian and Soviet Health Care from an International Perspective: Comparing Professions, Practice and Gender, 1880-1960
Additional info for Crusade and Conversion on the Baltic Frontier 1150–1500
Crusade and Conversion on the Baltic Frontier 1150–1500 by Alan V. Murray