By Paul Breeze
Electricity new release and the Environment is a truly concise, up to date, and obtainable consultant to the evolution of environmental wisdom, what that environmental information has taught the undefined, and the way applied sciences can be utilized to check and increase energy functionality. there's a powerful emphasis at the similar social affects and fiscal components concerned about a number of the tools of producing electrical energy which Breeze explores, making this a priceless and insightful learn for these inquisitive about the making plans and supply of power, comparable to strength engineers, energy iteration planners, coverage makers, managers, and academics.
- Explores quite a few life-cycle assessments
- Covers fast-advancing renewable and replacement strength resources equivalent to hydropower and transportation
- Discusses numerous externalities which impression at the judgements to enforce structures and technologies
- Evaluates the commercial and environmental viability of every energy iteration approach covered
Read Online or Download Electricity Generation and the Environment (The Power Generation Series) PDF
Similar energy physics books
Now in its 3rd version, this unmarried source covers all points of the usage of geothermal power for strength new release utilizing basic medical and engineering rules. Its sensible emphasis is more desirable via case stories from genuine vegetation that raise the reader's realizing of geothermal power conversion and supply a different compilation of hard-to-obtain info and adventure.
Gas Cells: Modeling, keep watch over, and functions describes complicated examine effects on modeling and keep watch over designs for gas cells and their hybrid strength platforms. choked with simulation examples and attempt effects, it offers unique discussions on gas telephone modeling, research, and nonlinear keep watch over.
Photovoltaic Modules: expertise and Reliability offers exact insights into thoughts, fabric layout thoughts, production recommendations, caliber and repair existence research of wafer-based photovoltaic modules. Taking an interdisciplinary strategy, the authors concentrate on major subject matters. half I – Crystalline Silicone Module expertise deals photovoltaics basics: sunlight phone homes, module layout, fabrics and construction, simple module characterization, module energy in addition to potency and module functionality.
The great consultant to engineering replacement and renewable strength structures and applications—updated for the most recent developments and applied sciences This publication used to be designed tohelp engineers improve new options for the present power financial system. as a result it presents technical discussions, in addition to a variety of real-world examples of almost all latest replacement power resources, purposes, platforms and procedure elements.
- Frontiers of Environmental Input-Output Analysis (Routledge Studies in Ecological Economics)
- High-Power Converters and AC Drives (IEEE Press Series on Power Engineering)
- The Geopolitics of Red Oil: Constructing the China threat through energy security (Routledge Contemporary China Series)
- A History of Energy: Northern Europe from the Stone Age to the Present Day
- The Hydrogen Energy Transition: Cutting Carbon from Transportation
Additional info for Electricity Generation and the Environment (The Power Generation Series)
Electricity Generation and the Environment (The Power Generation Series) by Paul Breeze