By Helmut K Anheier,Mark K. Juergensmeyer
The Encyclopedia of worldwide Studies is the reference paintings for the rising box of world experiences. It covers either transnational themes and highbrow methods to the learn of world topics, together with the globalization of economies and applied sciences; the diaspora of cultures and dispersion of peoples; the transnational points of social and political swap; the worldwide effect of environmental, technological, and health and wellbeing alterations; and the businesses and concerns regarding international civil society.
Key subject matters:
• international civil society
• international communications, transportation, expertise
• international clash and defense
• international tradition, media
• worldwide demographic switch
• international monetary matters
• worldwide environmental and effort matters
• international governance and international order
• international well-being and foodstuff
• worldwide old antecedents
• international justice and felony matters
• international religions, ideals, ideologies
• international reports
• Identities in worldwide society
Students and teachers within the fields of politics and diplomacy, overseas enterprise, geography and environmental reports, sociology and cultural experiences, and health.
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Global Studies PDF
Similar international affairs books
As early because the first century of the typical period, Jews the Romans to continue to exist German territory. for 2 thousand years Jews and the neighborhood inhabitants co-existed. This dating has been turbulent from time to time yet has sometimes been a version of multicultural synergism. jointly the 2 teams have produced a distinct and wealthy tradition.
Even supposing North americans won't realize it, Cuba has lengthy formed the German imaginary. solar, intercourse, and Socialism alternatives up this tale from the early Sixties, detailing how the newly upstart island within the U. S. yard encouraged electorate on either side of the Berlin Wall. via the Nineteen Seventies, overseas rapprochements and repressions on nation degrees have been stirring citizen disenchantment, discontent, and grassroots solidarities in all 3 international locations.
In Crossing Borders, authors Harry Chernotsky and Heidi Hobbs supply an creation to foreign stories that makes use of various disciplinary ways in realizing the worldwide arena. Geographic, political, monetary, social, and cultural borders give you the framework for serious research as specific connections to the several disciplines are made via either ancient and theoretical research.
This mental research dissects the features of 20 international leaders—both males and women—profiling the criteria that shaped their personalities and revealing how sure features have formed their political judgements. • features a comparability of leaders throughout kinds• Sheds mild on how diverse character types impact leaders' judgements• Analyzes 20 various famous leaders from throughout 5 continents• strains regimes alongside a continuum, discussing the interplay among particular leaders whilst acceptable• Delves into the early youth reviews and grownup occasions that formed the personalities of key leaders
- The Rebuilding of Greater Russia: Putin's Foreign Policy Towards the CIS Countries (Routledge Contemporary Russia and Eastern Europe Series)
- Globalization and Capitalist Geopolitics: Sovereignty and state power in a multipolar world (Rethinking Globalizations)
- New Regional Geopolitics in the Indo-Pacific: Drivers, Dynamics and Consequences (Routledge Contemporary Asia Series)
- The Revised European Neighbourhood Policy: Continuity and Change in EU Foreign Policy
Additional resources for Encyclopedia of Global Studies
Encyclopedia of Global Studies by Helmut K Anheier,Mark K. Juergensmeyer