By Alexander Bielakowski
This encyclopedia information the participation of person ethnic and racial minority teams all through U.S. army history.
• greater than three hundred entries on ethnic and racial minorities within the U.S. military
• views from greater than 50 varied contributors
• Cross-references and books for additional interpreting appended to every entry
• a number of images and illustrations convey the adventure of ethnic and racial minorities in wartime to life
Read or Download Ethnic and Racial Minorities in the U.S. Military: An Encyclopedia [2 volumes] PDF
Similar military history books
In the course of the post--World warfare II period, American international coverage prominently featured direct U. S. army intervention within the 3rd international. but the chilly battle positioned restraints on the place and the way Washington might interfere till the cave in of the previous Soviet Union got rid of some of the limitations to -- and ideological justifications for -- American intervention.
In October and November of 2001, small numbers of infantrymen from the military distinctive Forces entered Afghanistan, associated up with parts of the Northern Alliance (an collection of Afghanis against the Taliban), and, in a remarkably brief time period, destroyed the Taliban regime. expert to paintings with indigenous forces and team of workers just like the Northern Alliance, those infantrymen, occasionally using on horseback, mixed smooth army know-how with historical thoughts of significant Asian war in what was once later defined as "the first cavalry cost of the twenty-first century.
Highlights of the amount comprise pioneering essays at the technique of intelligence reviews by means of Michael Fry and Miles Hochstein, and the longer term perils of the surveillance country by means of James Der Derian. top professionals at the historical past of Soviet/Russian intelligence, Christopher Andrew and Oleg Gordievsky, give a contribution essays at the ultimate days of the KGB.
"First released in 1994, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
- The Black Soldiers Who Built the Alaska Highway: A History of Four U.S. Army Regiments in the North, 1942–1943
- German Policy Toward Neutral Spain, 1914-1918 (RLE The First World War) (Routledge Library Editions: The First World War)
- Network Centric Warfare and Coalition Operations: The New Military Operating System (Routledge Global Security Studies)
- Hitler's Ostkrieg and the Indian Wars: Comparing Genocide and Conquest (Campaigns and Commanders Series)
- U.S. Navy Codebreakers, Linguists, and Intelligence Officers against Japan, 1910-1941: A Biographical Dictionary
Additional resources for Ethnic and Racial Minorities in the U.S. Military: An Encyclopedia [2 volumes]
Ethnic and Racial Minorities in the U.S. Military: An Encyclopedia [2 volumes] by Alexander Bielakowski