By Michael B. Miller
Read or Download Europe and the Maritime World PDF
Similar world history books
This quantity comprehensively covers a variety of matters relating to dynamic norm switch within the present significant foreign hands regulate regimes regarding nuclear, biological,and chemical guns; small palms and lightweight guns; cluster munitions; and antipersonnel mines. hands regulate rules of all the key verified and emerging country actors are thought of, in addition to these of nonaligned nations, nongovernmental corporations, and overseas governing our bodies.
Hannah Arendt (1906-1975) first argued that there have been continuities among the age of ecu imperialism and the age of fascism in Europe within the Origins of Totalitarianism (1951). She claimed that theories of race, notions of racial and cultural superiority, and the proper of 'superior races' to extend territorially have been topics that hooked up the white settler colonies, the opposite imperial possessions, and the fascist ideologies of post-Great conflict Europe.
West German Industrialists and the Making of the commercial Miracle investigates the mentality of post-war German (heavy) industrialists via an research in their attitudes, considering and perspectives on social, political and, after all, financial concerns on the time, together with the 'social marketplace financial system' and the way they observed their very own function in society, with this research happening opposed to the backdrop of the 'economic miracle' and the chilly warfare of the Fifties and 60s.
After 1500, as Catholic Europe fragmented into warring sects, facts of a pagan earlier got here newly into view, and tourists to remote places encountered deeply unexpected visible cultures, it turned ever extra urgent to differentiate among the sacred photograph and its contrary, the 'idol'. Historians and philosophers have lengthy attended to Reformation fees of idolatry - the idea for image-breaking - yet purely very lately have students started to think about the ways in which the idol occasioned the making not less than the destruction.
- Women Activists between War and Peace: Europe, 1918-1923
- Private and Domestic Devotion in Early Modern Britain (St Andrews Studies in Reformation History)
- Dissident Identities in the Early Modern Low Countries
- Defining the Atlantic Community: Culture, Intellectuals, and Policies in the Mid-Twentieth Century (Routledge Research in Atlantic Studies)
- Minor Knowledge and Microhistory: Manuscript Culture in the Nineteenth Century (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
- Crafting Immunity: Working Histories of Clinical Immunology: 0 (The History of Medicine in Context)
Additional info for Europe and the Maritime World
Europe and the Maritime World by Michael B. Miller