By Steven T. Ross
Read or Download From Flintlock to Rifle: Infantry Tactics, 1740-1866 PDF
Similar military history books
In the course of the post--World struggle II period, American overseas coverage prominently featured direct U. S. army intervention within the 3rd international. but the chilly struggle put restraints on the place and the way Washington may possibly intrude until eventually the cave in of the previous Soviet Union got rid of a few of the limitations to -- and ideological justifications for -- American intervention.
In October and November of 2001, small numbers of infantrymen from the military specified Forces entered Afghanistan, associated up with parts of the Northern Alliance (an collection of Afghanis against the Taliban), and, in a remarkably brief time period, destroyed the Taliban regime. proficient to paintings with indigenous forces and team of workers just like the Northern Alliance, those squaddies, occasionally using on horseback, mixed glossy army expertise with historical ideas of crucial Asian war in what used to be later defined as "the first cavalry cost of the twenty-first century.
Highlights of the amount contain pioneering essays at the technique of intelligence reports by means of Michael Fry and Miles Hochstein, and the long run perils of the surveillance nation through James Der Derian. best experts at the background of Soviet/Russian intelligence, Christopher Andrew and Oleg Gordievsky, give a contribution essays at the ultimate days of the KGB.
"First released in 1994, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
- The United States Merchant Marine in World War I: Ships, Crews, Shipbuilders and Operators
- The Scaremongers (RLE The First World War): The Advocacy of War and Rearmament 1896-1914 (Routledge Library Editions: The First World War)
- The Blackstone of Military Law: Colonel William Winthrop (Historical Dictionaries of Diplomacy and Foreign Relations)
- Public Memory of the Sand Creek Massacre
- The Korean War in World History
- How Japan Defends Itself: Facing the Power Shifts in East Asia (Strategie und Konfliktforschung)
Extra info for From Flintlock to Rifle: Infantry Tactics, 1740-1866
From Flintlock to Rifle: Infantry Tactics, 1740-1866 by Steven T. Ross