By William A. Tooman
Read or Download Gog of Magog: Reuse of Scripture and Compositional Technique in Ezekiel 38-39 (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe) PDF
Similar christian reference books
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the previous testomony, exemplified by way of the publication of Ruth. each one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi declares her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
In his letters, the Apostle Paul can show either the arrogance that Christ dwells within the believer (Rom. 8:10) and the eager for Christ to come back in order that believers can ultimately be united with him (1 Thess. 4:17). Peter Orr develops the case that this under-explored courting among the presence and shortage of Christ sheds very important mild on Paul's Christology.
A lot has been written in regards to the lifetime of Jesus in works that regularly declare to be ancient and to hire old equipment. but in simple terms occasionally are the equipment and the presuppositions concerned made specific. notwithstanding, it has additionally been claimed extra lately decisive swap in our view of the character of historic wisdom and techniques has taken position, in that the 'modern' has given technique to the 'postmodern'.
John Milton’s epic poem Paradise misplaced consciously seeks to “justify the methods of God to males. ” The Apostle Paul’s magisterial letter to the Romans doesn't a lot intend to guard God’s methods as to claim God’s Word—a notice made public in the gospel. In Romans 9–11 this assertion happens in the context of God’s stricken courting with Israel, either previous and destiny.
- Spectacles of Empire: Monsters, Martyrs, and the Book of Revelation: Monsters, Martyrs and the Book of Revelation (Divinations: Rereading Late Ancient Religion)
- Six Minor Prophets Through the Centuries: Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries)
- Beyond Bultmann: Reckoning a New Testament Theology
- Corinthian Wisdom, Stoic Philosophy, and the Ancient Economy: Volume 159 (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
- The Divine in Acts and in Ancient Historiography
Extra resources for Gog of Magog: Reuse of Scripture and Compositional Technique in Ezekiel 38-39 (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
Gog of Magog: Reuse of Scripture and Compositional Technique in Ezekiel 38-39 (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe) by William A. Tooman