By Gregg Carter
This up to date second-edition paintings will stimulate and make clear readers' considering at the key concerns surrounding weapons within the United States—especially at the debate over gun control.
• presents a balanced view of the modern gun debate within the usa, explaining the positions of either gun rights proponents and advocates of stricter gun regulate with no demonizing either
• attracts on an enormous array of analysis in criminology, historical past, legislations, drugs, politics, and social technological know-how to supply some of the most accomplished single-source references on gun issues
• offers present and historic information on U.S. gun violence—including homicides, suicides, and unintentional shoots—and areas those numbers opposed to foreign records on gun violence, thereby delivering the context to allow readers to arrive their very own opinion at the gun debate
Read or Download Gun Control in the United States: A Reference Handbook, 2nd Edition (Contemporary World Issues) PDF
Best social sciences reference books
Technology Cultivating perform is an institutional historical past of agricultural technology within the Netherlands and its in a foreign country territories. the point of interest of this learn is the diversity of perspectives a couple of right dating among technological know-how and (agricultural) perform. Such perspectives and plans materialised within the total service provider of analysis and schooling.
This quantity completes a trilogy intended to be a remark at the botanophilia that captured the literate public in 18th-century France. Enthusiastic public aid for any governmental initiative prone to extend botanical wisdom was once an expression of titanic interest in regards to the flora and fauna past Europe.
English and the group capabilities at the foundation of various ethnic associations that function within the immigrant's personal mom tongue. those contain neighborhood shops and markets, church buildings, golf equipment, welfare companies and different corporations that serve the wishes of the neighborhood inhabitants. usually employment possibilities in occupa tions the place English makes no sense also are to be had to women and men within the neighbourhood.
From numerous views, the essays offered the following discover the profound interdependence of normal philosophy and rational faith within the `long 17th century' that starts with the burning of Bruno in 1600 and ends with the Enlightenment within the early Eighteenth century. From the writings of Grotius on ordinary legislations and normal faith, and the speculative, libertin novels of Cyrano de Bergerac, to the better-known works of Descartes, Malebranche, Cudworth, Leibniz, Boyle, Spinoza, Newton, and Locke, an expanding emphasis used to be put on the rational courting among spiritual doctrine, normal legislations, and a private divine windfall.
- Max Weber in Amerika.: Aus dem Englischen übersetzt von Axel Walter. Mit einem Geleitwort von Hans-Peter Müller. (German Edition)
- Roads to Reconciliation (Press for Change (lex))
- The Historical Archaeology of Buenos Aires: A City at the End of the World (Contributions To Global Historical Archaeology)
- Empiricism, Logic and Mathematics: Philosophical Papers (Vienna Circle Collection)
- Henry More, 1614-1687: A Biography of the Cambridge Platonist (International Archives of the History of Ideas Archives internationales d'histoire des idées)
- Looking at it from Asia: the Processes that Shaped the Sources of History of Science: 265 (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science)
Additional info for Gun Control in the United States: A Reference Handbook, 2nd Edition (Contemporary World Issues)
Gun Control in the United States: A Reference Handbook, 2nd Edition (Contemporary World Issues) by Gregg Carter