By Maarten Derksen
Read or Download Histories of Human Engineering: Tact and Technology PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Nuclear power, stem mobile know-how, GMOs: the extra technology advances, the extra society turns out to withstand. yet are we actually gazing a loss of life fight among opposing forces, as such a lot of may have it? Can today’s complicated technical coverage judgements coincide with the wishes of a participatory democracy?
Of the best evolutionary occasions within the background of lifestyles on the earth happened in the course of Early Paleozoic time. the 1st used to be the Cambrian explosion of skeletonized marine animals approximately 540 million years in the past. the second one used to be the "Great Ordovician Biodiversification Event," that is the point of interest of this publication.
In den letzten beiden Jahrzehnten hat die wissenschaftliche Beschäftigung mit dem Phänomen Bild an Umfang und Intensität weiter zugenommen. Je nach Fachrichtung werden sehr unterschiedliche methodische Zugänge gewählt, die mit entsprechend differierenden Hintergrundtheorien verbunden sind. In welchem Verhältnis stehen Methoden und Hintergrundtheorien?
In 1984, Noel Swerdlow and Otto Neugebauer argued that Nicolaus Copernicus (1473–1543) defined planetary movement by utilizing mathematical units and astronomical versions initially built by way of Islamic astronomers within the 13th and fourteenth centuries. was once this a parallel improvement, or did Copernicus in some way examine of the paintings of his predecessors, and if this is the case, how?
- Science, Technology, and Medicine in the Modern Japanese Empire (Routledge Studies in the Modern History of Asia)
- Science Policies and Twentieth-Century Dictatorships: Spain, Italy and Argentina (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700-1945)
- Secrets and Knowledge in Medicine and Science, 1500–1800 (History of Medicine in Context)
- Meeting Places: Scientific Congresses and Urban Identity in Victorian Britain (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700-1945)
- The Romance of Science: Essays in Honour of Trevor H. Levere (Archimedes)
Extra resources for Histories of Human Engineering: Tact and Technology
Histories of Human Engineering: Tact and Technology by Maarten Derksen