By Kaushik Basu,Henrik Horn,Lisa Roman,Judith Shapiro
- Analyzes the industrial implications and heritage of overseas hard work standards.
- Productively furthers the controversy approximately intervening with overseas hard work standardsStems from a seminar equipped during the professional team on improvement matters (EGDI), backed by way of the Swedish Ministry of overseas Affairs.
Read or Download International Labor Standards: History, Theory, and Policy Options PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
Age Discrimination seems to be at how either old and young might be penalised via prejudice opposed to their age workforce. Following fresh adjustments within the legislation, the problem of age discrimination has come to the fore. the hot laws will expand criminal oversight of age-related discrimination to the supply of amenities, items and companies, in addition to employment.
Duman examines the transition from Keynesianism to monetarism via featuring an research of labour industry reforms in Greece and Turkey - wondering the position of sophistication fight at the implementation approach. She additionally scrutinises the impact of the worldwide financial predicament and the execution of reform regulations in those nations.
Because the first and biggest guestworker application, the U. S. –Mexico Bracero software (1942–1964) codified the unequal relatives of work migration among the 2 international locations. This publication interrogates the articulations of race and sophistication within the making of the Bracero application via introducing new syntheses of sociological theories and strategies to middle the studies and reminiscences of former Braceros and their households.
From the center of the 19th century till the 1888 abolition of slavery in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro used to be domestic to the biggest city inhabitants of enslaved staff at any place within the Americas. It used to be additionally the location of an incipient working-class awareness that expressed itself throughout possible detailed social different types.
- The Declining Importance of Race and Gender in the Labor Market: The Role of Employment Discrimination Policies
- Immigrant City: Lawrence, Massachusetts, 1845-1921
- Power Structure: Ownership, Integration, and Competition in the U.S. Electricity Industry: Ownership, Integration, and Competition in the U.S.Electricity Industry
- Migration and Worker Fatalities Abroad (Mobility and Politics)
- A Day in the Life of a Happy Worker (Current Issuesin Work and Oganizational Psychology)
- Petroleum Industry Regulation within Stable States (Ashgate Studies in Environmental and Natural Resource Economics)
Additional info for International Labor Standards: History, Theory, and Policy Options
International Labor Standards: History, Theory, and Policy Options by Kaushik Basu,Henrik Horn,Lisa Roman,Judith Shapiro