By Elena Isayev
Read or Download Migration, Mobility and Place in Ancient Italy PDF
Best ancient history books
Even if shortlived, Lysimachus' Hellespontine empire foreshadowed these of Pergamum and Byzantium. Lund's e-book units his activities considerably in the context of the risky early Hellenistic global and perspectives them as a part of a continuum of imperial rule in Asia minor. She demanding situations the idea that he used to be a vicious, yet eventually incompetent tyrant.
A ground-breaking edited assortment charting the increase and fall of sorts of unfree labour within the historic Mediterranean and within the smooth Atlantic, using the method of comparative background. The 11 chapters within the e-book care for conceptual matters and varied methods to old comparability, and comprise particular case-studies starting from the traditional sorts of slavery of classical Greece and of the Roman empire to the trendy examples of slavery that characterized the Caribbean, Latin the United States and the U.S..
Browne's well-known paintings, first released in 1902, used to be the basic textual content on literary background in Persian reports for a few years. As an outline of Persian literature from the earliest occasions until eventually Firdawsi, it is still a worthy reference. Out of print for a while, it truly is now reissued as a library variation, in facsimile to trap the texture of the unique version.
The improvement of technology within the sleek international is usually held to rely on such associations as universities, peer-reviewed journals, and democracy. How, then, did new technology emerge within the pre-modern tradition of the Hellenistic Egyptian monarchy? Berrey argues that the courtroom society shaped round the Ptolemaic pharaohs Ptolemy III and IV (reigned successively 246-205/4 BCE) supplied an viewers for cross-disciplinary, realized wisdom, as physicians, mathematicians, and mechanicians clothed themselves within the virtues of courtiers attendant at the kings.
- The Egyptian Heaven and Hell: Volume I (Routledge Revivals): 1
- Mediterranean Paradigms and Classical Antiquity
- The Fourth Crusade: Event, Aftermath, and Perceptions: Papers from the Sixth Conference of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and the Latin East, ... 25-29 August 2004 (Crusades - Subsidia)
- The Roman Clan: The Gens from Ancient Ideology to Modern Anthropology (The W. B. Stanford Memorial Lectures)
- Among Women: From the Homosocial to the Homoerotic in the Ancient World
- Greek Historiography (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World)
Extra info for Migration, Mobility and Place in Ancient Italy
Migration, Mobility and Place in Ancient Italy by Elena Isayev