By John B. Hattendorf
Read Online or Download Naval Strategy and Power in the Mediterranean: Past, Present and Future (Cass Series: Naval Policy and History) PDF
Similar military history books
In the course of the post--World battle II period, American overseas coverage prominently featured direct U. S. army intervention within the 3rd global. but the chilly warfare positioned restraints on the place and the way Washington might intrude until eventually the cave in of the previous Soviet Union got rid of a number of the boundaries to -- and ideological justifications for -- American intervention.
In October and November of 2001, small numbers of squaddies from the military particular Forces entered Afghanistan, associated up with components of the Northern Alliance (an collection of Afghanis against the Taliban), and, in a remarkably brief time period, destroyed the Taliban regime. proficient to paintings with indigenous forces and team of workers just like the Northern Alliance, those infantrymen, occasionally driving on horseback, mixed glossy army expertise with historic suggestions of important Asian conflict in what was once later defined as "the first cavalry cost of the twenty-first century.
Highlights of the quantity comprise pioneering essays at the technique of intelligence experiences through Michael Fry and Miles Hochstein, and the longer term perils of the surveillance country by way of James Der Derian. major gurus at the background of Soviet/Russian intelligence, Christopher Andrew and Oleg Gordievsky, give a contribution essays at the ultimate days of the KGB.
"First released in 1994, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
- The First Infantry Division and the U.S. Army Transformed: Road to Victory in Desert Storm, 1970-1991 (American Military Experience)
- Small Wars: Low-Intensity Threats and the American Response since Vietnam (Legacies of War)
- Barriers to Bioweapons: The Challenges of Expertise and Organization for Weapons Development (Cornell Studies in Security Affairs)
- Postcolonial Germany: Memories of Empire in a Decolonized Nation (Oxford Historical Monographs)
- Allied and Axis Signals Intelligence in World War II (Studies in Intelligence)
Additional info for Naval Strategy and Power in the Mediterranean: Past, Present and Future (Cass Series: Naval Policy and History)
Naval Strategy and Power in the Mediterranean: Past, Present and Future (Cass Series: Naval Policy and History) by John B. Hattendorf