By Joel R. Fried
The Definitive advisor to Polymer ideas, houses, Synthesis, functions, and Simulations
Now absolutely revised, Polymer technology and expertise, 3rd Edition, systematically studies the field’s present nation and rising advances. major polymer professional Joel R. Fried deals glossy insurance of either processing ideas and functions in a number of industries, together with drugs, biotechnology, chemical substances, and electronics.
This edition’s new and extended assurance levels from complex synthesis to the newest drug supply functions. New themes comprise managed radical polymerization, click on chemistry, eco-friendly chemistry, block copolymers, nanofillers, electrospinning, and more.
A brand-new bankruptcy deals broad tips for predicting polymer homes, together with extra insurance of crew correlations, and new discussions of using topological indices and neural networks. this can be additionally the 1st introductory polymer textual content to completely clarify computational polymer technology, together with molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo equipment. Simulation thoughts are supported with many program examples, starting from prediction of PVT values to permeability and unfastened volume.
Fried completely covers man made polymer chemistry; polymer houses in answer and in soften, rubber, and stable states; and all vital different types of plastics. This revised version additionally provides many new calculations, end-of-chapter difficulties, and references.
In-depth assurance contains
- Polymer synthesis: step- and chain-growth; bulk, resolution, suspension, emulsion, solid-state, and plasma; ionic drinks, and macromers; and genetic engineering
- Amorphous and crystalline states, transitions, mechanical homes, and solid-state characterization
- Polymers and the surroundings: degradation, balance, and extra
- Additives, blends, block copolymers, and composites–including interpenetrating networks, nanocomposites, buckyballs, carbon nanotubes, graphene, and POSS
- Biopolymers, traditional polymers, fibers, thermoplastics, elastomers, and thermosets
- Engineering and strong point polymers, from polycarbonates to ionic polymers and high-performance fibers
- Polymer rheology, processing, and modeling
- Correlations and simulations: workforce contribution, topological indices, man made neural networks, molecular dynamics, and Monte Carlo simulations
Read Online or Download Polymer Science and Technology PDF
Similar textiles & polymers books
Guy lubricates usually with oil. Nature lubricates completely with water. natural water is a bad lubricant, however the addition of proteins, specially glycoproteins, can alter surfaces to lead them to way more lubricating at sluggish speeds. realizing how nature does this, and the actual buildings concerned, isn't just vital for the knowledge of illnesses equivalent to osteoarthritis, but additionally crucial for the profitable program of articulating implants, comparable to hips and knees, in addition to the advance of clinical units similar to catheters and get in touch with lenses.
The 1st quantity of fabrics in activities apparatus has turn into a vital reference describing advancements in fabrics expertise and their influence on apparatus in a variety of activities. This moment quantity combines assurance of contemporary advancements in complex fabrics and their program in a couple of activities now not coated in quantity one.
This short presents an up to date evaluate of clever surfactants and describes a wide spectrum of triggers that result in the formation of wormlike micelles or reversibly track the morphology of surfactant aggregates from wormlike micelles to a different kingdom, or vice versa. Combining the fields of chemistry, physics, polymer technology, and nanotechnology, its basic concentration is at the layout, formula, and processing of clever viscoelastic surfactant recommendations, masking the clinical ideas governing responsiveness to at least one or extra specific triggers, all the way down to the end-use-driven features.
Environmental concerns are actually changing into important elements in the course of the choice of client items together with textiles everywhere international. India’s fabric industries have proven a notable dynamism when it comes to development and export functionality. This has created a really fit surroundings for the expansion of fabric region in our kingdom.
- Polyvinylpyrrolidone Excipients for Pharmaceuticals: Povidone, Crospovidone and Copovidone
- Introduction to Polymer Science and Chemistry: A Problem-Solving Approach
- Microchemistry: Spectroscopy and Chemistry in Small Domains (North-Holland Delta Series)
- Fluoroplastics, Volume 1: Non-Melt Processible Fluoropolymers - The Definitive User's Guide and Data Book (Plastics Design Library)
- 3D Fibre Reinforced Polymer Composites
Additional resources for Polymer Science and Technology
Polymer Science and Technology by Joel R. Fried