By Marianne J. Legato
The statement that we had decoded the human genome in 2000 ushered in a brand new and targeted period in biomedical learn and medical medication. This 3rd version of Principles of Gender-Specific Medicine focuses, as long ago versions, at the necessities of sexual dimorphism in human body structure and pathophysiology, yet emphasizes the newest information regarding molecular biology and genomic technological know-how in various disciplines. therefore, this variation is a departure from the former ; the editor solicited person manuscripts from leading edge scientists in quite a few fields instead of the normal association of sections dedicated to some of the subspecialties of medication edited through part chiefs. anyplace it was once to be had, those authors included the newest information regarding the effect of the genome and the weather that change its expression on human body structure and disorder. All chapters development translationally from uncomplicated technology to the medical functions of gender-specific remedy and recommend crucial subject matters for destiny investigation.
This e-book is vital studying for all biomedical investigators and clinical educators fascinated by gender-specific drugs. it is going to even be necessary for fundamental care practitioners who desire information regarding the significance of intercourse and gender within the prevention, analysis and therapy of sickness.
- Outlines sex-specific transformations in general human functionality and explains the effect of age, hormones, and atmosphere at the occurrence and final result of illness
- Reflects the newest information regarding the molecular foundation of the sexual dimorphism in human body structure and the adventure of disease
- Reviews the consequences of our ever-improving skill to explain the genetic foundation of vulnerability to ailment and our ability to change the genome itself
- Illustrates the significance of latest NIH directions that urge the inclusion of intercourse as a variable in examine protocols
Read Online or Download Principles of Gender-Specific Medicine: Gender in the Genomic Era PDF
Similar anatomy books
The targeted illustrations in Hinman’s Atlas of UroSurgical Anatomy, supplemented by way of radiologic and pathologic photos, assist you in actual fact visualize the complexities of the genitourinary tract and its surrounding anatomy so that you can steer clear of issues and supply optimum sufferer results. This clinical reference e-book is an indispensible medical device for citizens and skilled urologic surgeons alike.
Organic and Biochemical Oscillators compiles papers on biochemical and organic oscillators from a theoretical and experimental viewpoint. This publication discusses the oscillatory habit, excitability, and propagation phenomena on membranes and membrane-like interfaces; two-dimensional research of chemical oscillators; and chemiluminescence in oscillatory oxidation reactions catalyzed.
THIEME Atlas of Anatomy: common Anatomy and Musculoskeletal procedure, moment variation, Latin Nomenclature is a perfect academic instrument for someone learning musculoskeletal anatomy. each one zone is gifted in a way that builds knowing: beginning with bones, joints, and muscle tissues, then vasculature and nerves, and concluding with topographic illustrations.
Sufferers with soreness emanating from their spines characterize probably the most common and tough circumstances for actual therapists. here's a finished and sensible advent to the administration of again soreness and limited spinal functionality brought on by intervertebral disk harm. The authors supply evidence-based, clinically orientated concepts for the analysis and healing therapy of disk harm within the lumbar, thoracic, and cervical spinal areas.
- Glioma Cell Biology
- High-Dimensional Single Cell Analysis: Mass Cytometry, Multi-parametric Flow Cytometry and Bioinformatic Techniques (Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology)
- Role of Potassium in Preventive Cardiovascular Medicine (Basic Science for the Cardiologist)
- Mathematical Approaches to Polymer Sequence Analysis and Related Problems
- Organization of Afferents from the Brain Stem Nuclei to the Cerebellar Cortex in the Cat (Advances in Anatomy, Embryology and Cell Biology)
Extra info for Principles of Gender-Specific Medicine: Gender in the Genomic Era
Principles of Gender-Specific Medicine: Gender in the Genomic Era by Marianne J. Legato