By Albert C. Lin
Instead of treating know-how, future health, and the surroundings as discrete matters, Albert C. Lin argues that legislation needs to recognize their basic dating, watching for either destiny technological advancements and their capability antagonistic results. legislation may still motivate foreign cooperation and the advance of universal international criteria, whereas taking into consideration flexibility and reassessment.
Read Online or Download Prometheus Reimagined: Technology, Environment, and Law in the Twenty-first Century PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
Nuclear power, stem cellphone know-how, GMOs: the extra technology advances, the extra society turns out to withstand. yet are we actually staring at a demise fight among opposing forces, as such a lot of may have it? Can today’s advanced technical coverage judgements coincide with the wishes of a participatory democracy?
Of the best evolutionary occasions within the background of lifestyles on the earth happened in the course of Early Paleozoic time. the 1st was once the Cambrian explosion of skeletonized marine animals approximately 540 million years in the past. the second one used to be the "Great Ordovician Biodiversification Event," that is the point of interest of this booklet.
In den letzten beiden Jahrzehnten hat die wissenschaftliche Beschäftigung mit dem Phänomen Bild an Umfang und Intensität weiter zugenommen. Je nach Fachrichtung werden sehr unterschiedliche methodische Zugänge gewählt, die mit entsprechend differierenden Hintergrundtheorien verbunden sind. In welchem Verhältnis stehen Methoden und Hintergrundtheorien?
In 1984, Noel Swerdlow and Otto Neugebauer argued that Nicolaus Copernicus (1473–1543) defined planetary movement through the use of mathematical units and astronomical versions initially constructed through Islamic astronomers within the 13th and fourteenth centuries. used to be this a parallel improvement, or did Copernicus in some way research of the paintings of his predecessors, and if that is so, how?
- The Nature of Classification: Relationships and Kinds in the Natural Sciences (New Directions in the Philosophy of Science)
- Elise Boulding: A Pioneer in Peace Research, Peacemaking, Feminism, Future Studies and the Family: From a Quaker Perspective (Pioneers in Arts, Humanities, Science, Engineering, Practice)
- Human Evolution and Christian Ethics (New Studies in Christian Ethics)
- Historical Perspectives on Erklären and Verstehen: 21 (Archimedes)
- How Crises Shaped Economic Ideas and Policies: Wiser After the Events?
- The History of British Birds (Oxford Ornithology)
Additional info for Prometheus Reimagined: Technology, Environment, and Law in the Twenty-first Century
Prometheus Reimagined: Technology, Environment, and Law in the Twenty-first Century by Albert C. Lin