By Nikolai Krementsov
Read or Download Revolutionary Experiments: The Quest for Immortality in Bolshevik Science and Fiction PDF
Best russian history books
The Caucasus is a strategically and economically vital sector in modern worldwide affairs. Western curiosity within the Caucasus has grown speedily on account that 1991, fuelled via the admixture of oil politics, nice strength competition, ethnic separatism and terrorism that characterizes the quarter. in spite of the fact that, before there was little figuring out of the way those matters got here to imagine the significance they've got this present day.
Overturning the twentieth century's time-honored view of the Macedonians, Damianopoulos makes use of 3 domain names of proof - ancient documentation, cognitive self-descriptor studies, and sociocultural gains - to illustrate that the Macedonians are a distinct, non-Slav, non-Greek, ethnic identity.
This engagingly written brief background of Russia presents readers with a transparent figuring out of Russia's lengthy and intricate background during the occasions of 1998. it's the newest historical past to be had. From its beginnings, in the course of the centuries-long reign of the tsars, the Communist revolution, the years lower than Stalin, the ascent of Gorbachev and the cave in of Communism, and the commercial morass during which Russia reveals itself at the present time, this account might help the reader to place the tumultuous heritage that's Russia into point of view.
Early life and Rock within the Soviet Bloc explores the increase of youngster as shoppers of pop culture and the globalization of well known song in Russia and japanese Europe. This selection of essays demanding situations assumptions that Communist leaders and Western-influenced early life cultures have been inimically adversarial to each other.
- Kazakhstan - Ethnicity, Language and Power (Central Asian Studies)
- Empire De/Centered: New Spatial Histories of Russia and the Soviet Union (Empires and the Making of the Modern World, 1650-2000)
- Fear, Weakness and Power in the Post-Soviet South Caucasus: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis (New Security Challenges)
- Mao, Stalin and the Korean War: Trilateral Communist Relations in the 1950s (Cold War History)
- Russian Fascism: Traditions, Tendencies and Movements: Traditions, Tendencies and Movements
- Small-Town Russia: Postcommunist Livelihoods and Identities: A Portrait of the Intelligentsia in Achit, Bednodemyanovsk and Zubtsov, 1999-2000 (BASEES/Routledge ... Series on Russian and East European Studies)
Additional info for Revolutionary Experiments: The Quest for Immortality in Bolshevik Science and Fiction
Revolutionary Experiments: The Quest for Immortality in Bolshevik Science and Fiction by Nikolai Krementsov