By Akhil Behl
The real-world advisor to securing Cisco-based IP telephony purposes, units, and networks
Cisco IP telephony leverages converged networks to dramatically lessen TCO and increase ROI. even if, its serious significance to company communications and deep integration with firm IP networks make it prone to assaults that legacy telecom structures didn't face. Now, there’s a finished advisor to securing the IP telephony elements that trip atop facts community infrastructures–and thereby supplying IP telephony providers which are more secure, extra resilient, extra reliable, and extra scalable.
Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks presents complete, updated information for securing Cisco IP telephony apparatus, underlying infrastructure, and telephony purposes. Drawing on ten years of expertise, senior community advisor Akhil Behl deals a whole safety framework to be used in any Cisco IP telephony setting. You’ll locate most sensible practices and precise configuration examples for securing Cisco Unified Communications supervisor (CUCM), Cisco Unity/Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Presence, Cisco Voice Gateways, Cisco IP Telephony Endpoints, and lots of different Cisco IP Telephony purposes. The publication showcases easy-to-follow Cisco IP Telephony purposes and community security-centric examples in each chapter.
This advisor is precious to each technical expert and IT decision-maker serious about securing Cisco IP telephony networks, together with community engineers, directors, architects, managers, safety analysts, IT administrators, and consultants.
- Recognize vulnerabilities brought on by IP community integration, in addition to VoIP’s special defense requirements
- Discover how hackers goal IP telephony networks and proactively shield opposed to each one part in their attacks
- Implement a versatile, confirmed method for end-to-end Cisco IP Telephony security
- Use a layered (defense-in-depth) technique that builds on underlying community safeguard design
- Secure CUCM, Cisco Unity/Unity Connection, CUPS, CUCM exhibit, and Cisco harmony convey systems opposed to inner and exterior threats
- Establish actual defense, Layer 2 and Layer three protection, and Cisco ASA-based perimeter security
- Complete insurance of Cisco IP Telephony encryption and authentication fundamentals
- Configure Cisco IOS Voice Gateways to aid hinder toll fraud and deter attacks
- Secure Cisco Voice Gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border point (CUBE) opposed to rogue endpoints and different assault vectors
- Secure Cisco IP telephony endpoints–Cisco Unified IP telephones (wired, instant, and gentle mobile) from malicious insiders and exterior threats
This IP communications e-book is a part of the Cisco Press® Networking expertise sequence. IP communications titles from Cisco Press aid networking execs comprehend voice and IP telephony applied sciences, plan and layout converged networks, and enforce community suggestions for elevated productivity.
Read or Download Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks (Networking Technology: IP Communications) PDF
Best other books
Pseudoscience and amazing Claims of the magical: A serious Thinker's Toolkit presents readers with various "reality-checking" instruments to research amazing claims and to figure out their validity. Integrates easy but strong evaluative instruments utilized by either paranormal believers and skeptics alike Introduces concepts similar to a continuum for score paranormal claims and comparing their implications comprises an leading edge "Critical Thinker’s Toolkit," a scientific technique for acting truth assessments on paranormal claims concerning astrology, psychics, spiritualism, parapsychology, dream telepathy, mind-over-matter, prayer, existence after loss of life, creationism, and extra Explores the 5 substitute hypotheses to contemplate while confronting a magical declare truth money packing containers, built-in into the textual content, invite scholars to have interaction in additional dialogue and exam of claims Written in a full of life, enticing variety for college kids and normal readers alike Ancillaries: Testbank and PowerPoint slides on hand at www.
Children come to achieve, occasionally painfully early, that it's not consistently attainable to rely on adults to ensure they're handled accurately, quite, and legally. while youngsters are confronted with events which are unfair, immoral, unlawful, and unjust, they don't must be sufferers. they could learn how to communicate up for themselves successfully to enhance their very own lives and the lives of others.
Ascending Chaos is the 1st significant retrospective of Japanese-American artist Masami Teraoka's prolific and acclaimed paintings up to now. In Teraoka's paintings—which have advanced from his wry mimicry of jap woodblock prints to a lot higher and complicated canvasses comparable to Bosch and Brueghel—the political and the private collide in a insurrection of sexually frank tableaux.
Do your online business intelligence (BI) initiatives take too lengthy to convey? Is the price of the deliverables lower than passable? Do those initiatives propagate negative information administration practices? for those who screamed "yes" to any of those questions, learn this e-book to grasp a confirmed method of development your small business facts warehouse and BI projects.
- SOS - snelle opvang bij seksueel misbruik van mensen met een verstandelijke beperking: Een praktisch handboek (Dutch Edition)
- Le crépuscule du purgatoire (L'Histoire à l'oeuvre) (French Edition)
- Historical Dictionary of Tennis (Historical Dictionaries of Sports)
- Family Violence and Men of Color: Healing the Wounded Male Spirit, Second Edition (Springer Series: Focus on Men)
- An Introduction to Relativity
Extra info for Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks (Networking Technology: IP Communications)
Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks (Networking Technology: IP Communications) by Akhil Behl