By Mukund R. Patel
Shipboard Propulsion, strength Electronics, and Ocean Energy fills the necessity for a entire publication that covers glossy shipboard propulsion and the ability electronics and ocean power applied sciences that force it. With a breadth and intensity no longer present in different books, it examines the ability electronics structures for send propulsion and for extracting ocean strength, that are reflect pictures of every other.
Comprised of 16 chapters, the booklet is split into 4 elements:
- Power Electronics and Motor Drives explains uncomplicated strength electronics converters and variable-frequency drives, cooling equipment, and caliber of power
- Electric Propulsion Technologies specializes in the electrical propulsion of ships utilizing lately constructed everlasting magnet and superconducting vehicles, in addition to hybrid propulsion utilizing gas phone, photovoltaic, and wind power
- Renewable Ocean strength Technologies explores renewable ocean strength from waves, marine currents, and offshore wind farms
- System Integration Aspects discusses aspects—energy garage and procedure reliability—that are crucial for any large-scale strength system
This well timed publication advanced from the author’s 30 years of labor adventure at normal electrical, Lockheed Martin, and Westinghouse electrical and 15 years of educating on the U.S. service provider Marine Academy.
As a textbook, it's perfect for an non-compulsory direction at marine and naval academies with engineering courses. it's also a helpful reference for advertisement and army shipbuilders, port operators, renewable ocean power builders, category societies, equipment and gear brands, researchers, and others attracted to glossy shipboard energy and propulsion systems.
The info supplied herein doesn't unavoidably characterize the view of the U.S. service provider Marine Academy or the U.S. division of Transportation.
This publication is a better half to Shipboard electricity Systems (CRC Press, 2011), by means of a similar author.
Read or Download Shipboard Propulsion, Power Electronics, and Ocean Energy PDF
Best energy physics books
Now in its 3rd version, this unmarried source covers all elements of the usage of geothermal power for energy new release utilizing basic medical and engineering ideas. Its sensible emphasis is stronger by means of case reviews from actual crops that elevate the reader's knowing of geothermal power conversion and supply a different compilation of hard-to-obtain facts and event.
Gasoline Cells: Modeling, keep watch over, and purposes describes complicated learn effects on modeling and regulate designs for gas cells and their hybrid power structures. jam-packed with simulation examples and attempt effects, it presents particular discussions on gasoline mobile modeling, research, and nonlinear keep an eye on.
Photovoltaic Modules: know-how and Reliability offers targeted insights into recommendations, fabric layout techniques, production concepts, caliber and repair lifestyles research of wafer-based photovoltaic modules. Taking an interdisciplinary method, the authors concentrate on major issues. half I – Crystalline Silicone Module know-how deals photovoltaics basics: sun mobilephone houses, module layout, fabrics and creation, simple module characterization, module energy in addition to potency and module functionality.
The great advisor to engineering replacement and renewable strength structures and applications—updated for the newest developments and applied sciences This publication was once designed tohelp engineers enhance new options for the present strength financial system. as a result it presents technical discussions, in addition to various real-world examples of almost all present replacement strength assets, functions, platforms and procedure elements.
- Energy Harvesting: Solar, Wind, and Ocean Energy Conversion Systems (Energy, Power Electronics, and Machines)
- Power from Pellets: Technology and Applications
- Induced Seismicity Potential in Energy Technologies
- Clean Energy from the Earth, Wind and Sun: Learning from Hawaii's Search for a Renewable Energy Strategy
Extra resources for Shipboard Propulsion, Power Electronics, and Ocean Energy
Shipboard Propulsion, Power Electronics, and Ocean Energy by Mukund R. Patel