By Gene A. Plunka
Read Online or Download Staging Holocaust Resistance (Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History) PDF
Best stage & theatre books
This can be the 1st quantity to concentration in particular on Rabindranath Tagore’s dramatic literature, vacationing translations and variations of Tagore’s drama, and cross-cultural encounters in his works. As Asia’s first Nobel Laureate, Tagore’s hugely unique performs occupy a relevant place within the Indian theatrescape.
A research of the 30-year collaboration among playwright Samuel Beckett and director Alan Schneider, Bianchini reconstructs their shared American productions among 1956 and 1984. via interpreting how Beckett used to be brought to American audiences, this ebook leads right into a wider ancient dialogue of yank theatre within the mid-to-late twentieth century.
Even though he's one of many undisputed giants of English literature, Ben Jonson is understood to most folk basically because the writer of 1 or masterly performs which frequently look within the drama repertory. he's less recognized for his complete oeuvre, which encompasses poetry, feedback, masque-making, and a life of linguistic and lexicographical examine.
From 1695 to 1705, rival London theater businesses dependent at Drury Lane and Lincoln's lodge Fields every one fastened greater than 100 new productions whereas reviving inventory performs by way of authors corresponding to Shakespeare and Dryden. All incorporated track. Kathryn Lowerre charts the interactions of the 2 businesses from a musical viewpoint, emphasizing each one company's new productions and their respective musical resources, together with performers, composers, and musical fabrics.
- Theatre and Ghosts: Materiality, Performance and Modernity
- Twenty-First Century Musicals: From Stage to Screen
- Radical Initiatives in Interventionist and Community Drama: 1 (New Directions in Drama & Performance)
- The Performing Subject in the Space of Technology: Through the Virtual, Towards the Real (Palgrave Studies in Performance and Technology)
- Black Women Playwrights: Visions on the American Stage (Studies in Modern Drama)
- Hideous Characters and Beautiful Pagans: Performing Jewish Identity on the Antebellum American Stage
Extra resources for Staging Holocaust Resistance (Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History)
Staging Holocaust Resistance (Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History) by Gene A. Plunka