By Bertil Albrektson
Read or Download Text, Translation, Theology: Selected Essays on the Hebrew Bible (Society for Old Testament Study) PDF
Similar christian reference books
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the outdated testomony, exemplified by way of the ebook of Ruth. each one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a selected subject; Naomi publicizes her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
In his letters, the Apostle Paul can convey either the boldness that Christ dwells within the believer (Rom. 8:10) and the eager for Christ to come in order that believers can ultimately be united with him (1 Thess. 4:17). Peter Orr develops the case that this under-explored courting among the presence and lack of Christ sheds vital mild on Paul's Christology.
A lot has been written in regards to the lifetime of Jesus in works that frequently declare to be ancient and to hire old tools. but purely occasionally are the tools and the presuppositions concerned made specific. even though, it has additionally been claimed extra lately decisive switch in our view of the character of old wisdom and strategies has taken position, in that the 'modern' has given solution to the 'postmodern'.
John Milton’s epic poem Paradise misplaced consciously seeks to “justify the methods of God to males. ” The Apostle Paul’s magisterial letter to the Romans doesn't quite a bit intend to guard God’s methods as to claim God’s Word—a notice made public in the gospel. In Romans 9–11 this announcement happens in the context of God’s dating with Israel, either previous and destiny.
- The Acts of Paul and Thecla: A Critical Introduction and Commentary (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Deuteronomy: A Commentary (The Old Testament Library)
- Rethinking the Origins of the Eucharist (SCM Studies in Worship & Liturgy Series)
- Literature or Liturgy?: Early Christian Hymns and Prayers in their Literary and Liturgical Context in Antiquity (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Matthew's Trilogy of Parables: The Nation, the Nations and the Reader in Matthew 21:28-22:14 (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
- Cain, Abel, and the Politics of God: An Agambenian reading of Genesis 4:1-16 (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Biblical Criticism)
Extra resources for Text, Translation, Theology: Selected Essays on the Hebrew Bible (Society for Old Testament Study)
Text, Translation, Theology: Selected Essays on the Hebrew Bible (Society for Old Testament Study) by Bertil Albrektson