By Martin Gitlin
This encyclopedia defines and contextualizes the infant Boomer new release and the wide-reaching contributions of its contributors all through glossy American history.
• comprises approximately a hundred alphabetically prepared encyclopedia entries
• incorporates a chronology of ancient events
• presents a bibliography of chosen print and digital sources
Read or Download The Baby Boomer Encyclopedia PDF
Best social sciences reference books
Technology Cultivating perform is an institutional historical past of agricultural technology within the Netherlands and its abroad territories. the focal point of this examine is the range of perspectives a few right courting among technological know-how and (agricultural) perform. Such perspectives and plans materialised within the total employer of analysis and schooling.
This quantity completes a trilogy intended to be a statement at the botanophilia that captured the literate public in 18th-century France. Enthusiastic public help for any governmental initiative more likely to extend botanical wisdom was once an expression of titanic interest in regards to the wildlife past Europe.
English and the group capabilities at the foundation of a number of ethnic associations that function within the immigrant's personal mom tongue. those comprise neighborhood shops and markets, church buildings, golf equipment, welfare organizations and different agencies that serve the wishes of the neighborhood inhabitants. often employment possibilities in occupa tions the place English is senseless also are on hand to women and men within the neighbourhood.
From numerous views, the essays provided the following discover the profound interdependence of common philosophy and rational faith within the `long 17th century' that starts with the burning of Bruno in 1600 and ends with the Enlightenment within the early Eighteenth century. From the writings of Grotius on normal legislations and average faith, and the speculative, libertin novels of Cyrano de Bergerac, to the better-known works of Descartes, Malebranche, Cudworth, Leibniz, Boyle, Spinoza, Newton, and Locke, an expanding emphasis used to be put on the rational courting among spiritual doctrine, normal legislations, and a private divine windfall.
- The Halloween Encyclopedia, 2d ed.
- Immigration: Examining the Facts (Contemporary Debates)
- Food in the Social Order: Volume 5 (Mary Douglas: Collected Works)
- Sophie Germain: An Essay in the History of the Theory of Elasticity (Studies in the History of Modern Science)
- The Italian American Experience: An Encyclopedia (Garland Reference Library of the Humanities)
Additional resources for The Baby Boomer Encyclopedia
The Baby Boomer Encyclopedia by Martin Gitlin