By Peter Dubovsky
Read or Download The Building of the First Temple: A Study in Redactional, Text-Critical and Historical Perspective (Forschungen zum Alten Testament) PDF
Best christian reference books
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the outdated testomony, exemplified by way of the e-book of Ruth. each one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a selected subject; Naomi pronounces her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
In his letters, the Apostle Paul can convey either the arrogance that Christ dwells within the believer (Rom. 8:10) and the eager for Christ to come back in order that believers can ultimately be united with him (1 Thess. 4:17). Peter Orr develops the case that this under-explored courting among the presence and shortage of Christ sheds very important gentle on Paul's Christology.
A lot has been written in regards to the lifetime of Jesus in works that frequently declare to be ancient and to hire historic tools. but in simple terms occasionally are the equipment and the presuppositions concerned made specific. in spite of the fact that, it has additionally been claimed extra lately decisive swap in our view of the character of old wisdom and strategies has taken position, in that the 'modern' has given technique to the 'postmodern'.
John Milton’s epic poem Paradise misplaced consciously seeks to “justify the methods of God to males. ” The Apostle Paul’s magisterial letter to the Romans doesn't rather a lot intend to guard God’s methods as to claim God’s Word—a be aware made public in the gospel. In Romans 9–11 this statement happens in the context of God’s stricken dating with Israel, either earlier and destiny.
- Keeping Heaven on Earth: Safeguarding the Divine Presence in the Priestly Tabernacle (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- Peter Between Jerusalem and Antioch: Peter, James, and the Gentiles (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Engaging with C. H. Dodd on the Gospel of John
- The God of This Age: Satan in the Churches and Letters of the Apostle Paul (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- A Compendium of Musical Instruments and Instrumental Terminology in the Bible (BibleWorld)
- Fortress Commentary on the Bible: The Old Testament and Apocrypha
Additional resources for The Building of the First Temple: A Study in Redactional, Text-Critical and Historical Perspective (Forschungen zum Alten Testament)
The Building of the First Temple: A Study in Redactional, Text-Critical and Historical Perspective (Forschungen zum Alten Testament) by Peter Dubovsky