By Elizabeth Amisu
An crucial spouse to Michael Jackson's tune, motion pictures, and books, this paintings deals 21 unique, educational essays on all issues Jackson—from movie, track, and dance to type, tradition, and literature.
• Takes a worldly, educational method of realizing Jackson's paintings and existence, delivering insights into his whole physique of labor from a standpoint by no means prior to to be had open air of music/culture journals
• Concentrates on facets of Jackson's artwork that experience no longer formerly been researched, corresponding to his use of costumes and garments, his poetry, and his functionality as an auteur
• features a part eager about Jackson's posthumous paintings and representation
• Connects with the examine of literature, specially early glossy English writings and, maybe strangely, the works of William Shakespeare
Read or Download The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife PDF
Best film & video art books
The romantic comedy has lengthy been considered as an inferior movie style by way of critics and students alike, accused of protecting a strict narrative formulation that's thought of superficial and hugely predictable. besides the fact that, the style has resisted the damaging scholarly and demanding reviews and for the final 3 many years the regular elevate within the numbers of romantic comedies place the style one of the most well-liked ones within the globally dominant Hollywood movie undefined.
This cutting edge number of essays on twenty-first century chinese language cinema and relocating picture tradition beneficial properties contributions from a world group of students, critics, and practitioners. Taken jointly, their views make a compelling case that the earlier decade has witnessed an intensive transformation of traditional notions of cinema.
Modifying and Montage in foreign movie and Video offers a theoretical and sensible method of the artwork of modifying. during this publication, Luís Fernando Morales Morante explores the foreign background, know-how, thought, functional recommendations, psychology, and cognitive results of enhancing throughout a number of media from around the globe, that includes case reviews from movie, dramatic tv, information media, song video clips, ads, and mobile-delivered codecs, from the movies of Sergei Eisenstein to Michael Jackson’s "Thriller" to assurance of the 2012 U.
This publication analyzes early twenty-first century movie and television’s fascination with representing the Anglo-American eighteenth century. Grounded in cultural stories, movie reports, and variation idea, the publication examines how those works represented the eighteenth century to appease anxieties approximately values, platforms, and associations initially of a brand new millennium.
- Projecting the World: Representing the "Foreign" in Classical Hollywood (Contemporary Approaches to Film and Media Series)
- Transnational Asian Identities in Pan-Pacific Cinemas: The Reel Asian Exchange (Routledge Advances in Film Studies)
- Martin Scorsese: A Biography
- Early Race Filmmaking in America (Routledge Advances in Film Studies)
- Story Money Impact: Funding media for social change
Extra info for The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife
The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife by Elizabeth Amisu