By Gareth Lee Cockerill
Read or Download The Epistle to the Hebrews (New International Commentary on the New Testament (NICNT)) PDF
Similar christian reference books
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the previous testomony, exemplified by way of the booklet of Ruth. each one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi announces her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
In his letters, the Apostle Paul can exhibit either the boldness that Christ dwells within the believer (Rom. 8:10) and the eager for Christ to come in order that believers can ultimately be united with him (1 Thess. 4:17). Peter Orr develops the case that this under-explored courting among the presence and lack of Christ sheds vital gentle on Paul's Christology.
A lot has been written concerning the lifetime of Jesus in works that frequently declare to be historic and to hire ancient equipment. but basically occasionally are the tools and the presuppositions concerned made particular. notwithstanding, it has additionally been claimed extra lately decisive switch in our view of the character of old wisdom and techniques has taken position, in that the 'modern' has given option to the 'postmodern'.
John Milton’s epic poem Paradise misplaced consciously seeks to “justify the methods of God to males. ” The Apostle Paul’s magisterial letter to the Romans doesn't loads intend to guard God’s methods as to claim God’s Word—a be aware made public in the gospel. In Romans 9–11 this assertion happens in the context of God’s stricken courting with Israel, either previous and destiny.
- Concordia Popular Commentary: 1 Corinthians
- Scriptural Interpretation: A Theological Exploration (Challenges in Contemporary Theology)
- 'I Undertook Great Works': The Ideology of Domestic Achievements in West Semitic Royal Inscriptions (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- They Went Out from Us: The Identity of the Opponents in First John (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- The Postcolonial Biblical Reader
- Not Bread Alone: The Uses of Food in the Old Testament
Extra info for The Epistle to the Hebrews (New International Commentary on the New Testament (NICNT))
The Epistle to the Hebrews (New International Commentary on the New Testament (NICNT)) by Gareth Lee Cockerill