By Monica Rankin
Concise but thorough, this enticing e-book presents an outline of the original heritage of an more and more vital valuable American nation.
• A chronology of significant occasions from the pre-Columbian period to the present
• Biographical entries of vital personalities
• A word list of significant terms
• A bibliographic essay of up to date works on Costa Rica
Read Online or Download The History of Costa Rica (The Greenwood Histories of the Modern Nations) PDF
Best world history books
This quantity comprehensively covers various matters with regards to dynamic norm switch within the present significant foreign fingers keep an eye on regimes relating to nuclear, biological,and chemical guns; small palms and lightweight guns; cluster munitions; and antipersonnel mines. palms regulate rules of all the key confirmed and emerging country actors are thought of, in addition to these of nonaligned nations, nongovernmental firms, and foreign governing our bodies.
Hannah Arendt (1906-1975) first argued that there have been continuities among the age of eu imperialism and the age of fascism in Europe within the Origins of Totalitarianism (1951). She claimed that theories of race, notions of racial and cultural superiority, and the proper of 'superior races' to extend territorially have been issues that hooked up the white settler colonies, the opposite imperial possessions, and the fascist ideologies of post-Great warfare Europe.
West German Industrialists and the Making of the industrial Miracle investigates the mentality of post-war German (heavy) industrialists via an research in their attitudes, considering and perspectives on social, political and, after all, monetary issues on the time, together with the 'social marketplace economic climate' and the way they observed their very own function in society, with this research happening opposed to the backdrop of the 'economic miracle' and the chilly struggle of the Nineteen Fifties and 60s.
After 1500, as Catholic Europe fragmented into warring sects, proof of a pagan earlier got here newly into view, and tourists to remote places encountered deeply surprising visible cultures, it grew to become ever extra urgent to differentiate among the sacred photo and its contrary, the 'idol'. Historians and philosophers have lengthy attended to Reformation fees of idolatry - the idea for image-breaking - yet purely very lately have students started to contemplate the ways in which the idol occasioned the making a minimum of the destruction.
- From the Field to the Legislature: A History of Women in the Virgin Islands (Contributions in Women's Studies)
- Italy and Its Eastern Border, 1866-2016 (Routledge Studies in Modern European History)
- Hayek: A Collaborative Biography: Part III, Fraud, Fascism and Free Market Religion (Archival Insights into the Evolution of Economics)
- Transcending the Cold War: Summits, Statecraft, and the Dissolution of Bipolarity in Europe, 1970–1990
Extra info for The History of Costa Rica (The Greenwood Histories of the Modern Nations)
The History of Costa Rica (The Greenwood Histories of the Modern Nations) by Monica Rankin