By Dalia Leinarte
Read or Download The Lithuanian Family in its European Context, 1800-1914: Marriage, Divorce and Flexible Communities PDF
Best russian history books
The Caucasus is a strategically and economically very important sector in modern worldwide affairs. Western curiosity within the Caucasus has grown quickly due to the fact 1991, fuelled by means of the admixture of oil politics, nice strength contention, ethnic separatism and terrorism that characterizes the area. besides the fact that, beforehand there was little knowing of the way those matters got here to imagine the significance they've got this day.
Overturning the twentieth century's general view of the Macedonians, Damianopoulos makes use of 3 domain names of proof - historic documentation, cognitive self-descriptor reviews, and sociocultural good points - to illustrate that the Macedonians are a different, non-Slav, non-Greek, ethnic identity.
This engagingly written brief historical past of Russia presents readers with a transparent realizing of Russia's lengthy and intricate historical past in the course of the occasions of 1998. it's the most modern background on hand. From its beginnings, during the centuries-long reign of the tsars, the Communist revolution, the years less than Stalin, the ascent of Gorbachev and the cave in of Communism, and the commercial morass within which Russia unearths itself at the present time, this account might help the reader to place the tumultuous historical past that's Russia into standpoint.
Formative years and Rock within the Soviet Bloc explores the increase of juvenile as shoppers of pop culture and the globalization of renowned track in Russia and jap Europe. This choice of essays demanding situations assumptions that Communist leaders and Western-influenced adolescence cultures have been inimically adverse to each other.
- Ukrainian Intelligentsia in Post-Soviet L'viv: Narratives, Identity, and Power
- Mastery and Lost Illusions: Space and Time in the Modernization of Eastern and Central Europe (Europas Osten im 20. Jahrhundert)
- Bankrupts and Usurers of Imperial Russia (Harvard Historical Studies)
- Legacies of Totalitarian Language in the Discourse Culture of the Post-Totalitarian Era: The Case of Eastern Europe, Russia, and China
- Jewish Rights, National Rites: Nationalism and Autonomy in Late Imperial and Revolutionary Russia (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture)
- Tsar and Sultan: Russian Encounters with the Ottoman Empire
Additional info for The Lithuanian Family in its European Context, 1800-1914: Marriage, Divorce and Flexible Communities
The Lithuanian Family in its European Context, 1800-1914: Marriage, Divorce and Flexible Communities by Dalia Leinarte