By John Riches
Read or Download The New Cambridge History of the Bible: Volume 4, From 1750 to the Present PDF
Similar christian reference books
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the previous testomony, exemplified through the booklet of Ruth. every one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi announces her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
In his letters, the Apostle Paul can exhibit either the arrogance that Christ dwells within the believer (Rom. 8:10) and the eager for Christ to come back in order that believers can ultimately be united with him (1 Thess. 4:17). Peter Orr develops the case that this under-explored courting among the presence and shortage of Christ sheds vital mild on Paul's Christology.
A lot has been written concerning the lifetime of Jesus in works that frequently declare to be ancient and to hire historic tools. but purely occasionally are the equipment and the presuppositions concerned made specific. in spite of the fact that, it has additionally been claimed extra lately decisive switch in our view of the character of old wisdom and strategies has taken position, in that the 'modern' has given technique to the 'postmodern'.
John Milton’s epic poem Paradise misplaced consciously seeks to “justify the methods of God to males. ” The Apostle Paul’s magisterial letter to the Romans doesn't loads intend to protect God’s methods as to claim God’s Word—a be aware made public in the gospel. In Romans 9–11 this announcement happens in the context of God’s dating with Israel, either earlier and destiny.
- Wisdom Epistemology in the Psalter: A Study of Psalms 1, 73, 90, and 107 (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- The Son of David in Matthew's Gospel in the Light of the Solomon as Exorcist Tradition (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Pontius Pilate in History and Interpretation (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
- Revelation Exegetical Commentary - 2 volume set (Wycliffe Exegetical Commentary)
- An Introduction to the New Testament (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
- The Call of Moses and the Exodus Story: A Redactional-Critical Study in Exodus 3-4 and 5-13 (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
Additional info for The New Cambridge History of the Bible: Volume 4, From 1750 to the Present
The New Cambridge History of the Bible: Volume 4, From 1750 to the Present by John Riches