By Mark Cooper
Providing severe insights that may curiosity readers starting from economists to environmentalists, policymakers, and politicians, this publication analyzes the economics and expertise traits all in favour of the predicament of decarbonization and addresses why competitive coverage is needed in a capitalist political economic climate to create a sea swap clear of fossil fuels.
• offers accomplished and comprehensible experiences of greater than two hundred contemporary empirical stories of marketplace imperfections within the power potency and weather swap literature, delivering a foundation for focusing on regulations on the most crucial motives of negative industry performance
• Argues that competitive motion to urge swap and conquer resistance, utilizing designated rules instead of broad-based taxes, is the tactic that would create circulate in the direction of a decarbonized financial system and world
• offers a logical decision-making framework and portfolio research that permits policymakers and regulators to decide on, clarify, and safeguard their judgements, objectively and transparently
Read Online or Download The Political Economy of Electricity: Progressive Capitalism and the Struggle to Build a Sustainable Power Sector (Energy Resources, Technology, and Policy) PDF
Best energy physics books
Now in its 3rd version, this unmarried source covers all elements of the usage of geothermal strength for energy iteration utilizing primary medical and engineering rules. Its sensible emphasis is stronger by way of case reviews from genuine crops that elevate the reader's realizing of geothermal power conversion and supply a different compilation of hard-to-obtain facts and event.
Gasoline Cells: Modeling, keep watch over, and functions describes complex study effects on modeling and regulate designs for gas cells and their hybrid strength structures. packed with simulation examples and try effects, it presents targeted discussions on gasoline mobile modeling, research, and nonlinear regulate.
Photovoltaic Modules: know-how and Reliability offers distinctive insights into recommendations, fabric layout ideas, production options, caliber and repair lifestyles research of wafer-based photovoltaic modules. Taking an interdisciplinary process, the authors specialize in major issues. half I – Crystalline Silicone Module expertise bargains photovoltaics basics: sunlight mobilephone houses, module layout, fabrics and creation, easy module characterization, module strength in addition to potency and module functionality.
The great advisor to engineering replacement and renewable power platforms and applications—updated for the most recent traits and applied sciences This e-book was once designed tohelp engineers improve new suggestions for the present power economic system. for this reason it presents technical discussions, in addition to quite a few real-world examples of almost all latest replacement strength assets, purposes, platforms and process parts.
- Future Energy: Improved, Sustainable and Clean Options for our Planet
- Energy Resources and Systems: Volume 2: Renewable Resources
- Energy Harvesting: Solar, Wind, and Ocean Energy Conversion Systems (Energy, Power Electronics, and Machines)
- Organic Solar Cells: Materials and Device Physics (Green Energy and Technology)
- Solar Photovoltaic System Applications: A Guidebook for Off-Grid Electrification (Green Energy and Technology)
- The Energy Economy: Practical Insight to Public Policy and Current Affairs
Additional info for The Political Economy of Electricity: Progressive Capitalism and the Struggle to Build a Sustainable Power Sector (Energy Resources, Technology, and Policy)
The Political Economy of Electricity: Progressive Capitalism and the Struggle to Build a Sustainable Power Sector (Energy Resources, Technology, and Policy) by Mark Cooper