By W. Dennis, Jr. Tucker,W. H., Jr. Bellinger
Read or Download The Psalter as Witness: Theology, Poetry, and Genre PDF
Similar christian reference books
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the outdated testomony, exemplified via the ebook of Ruth. every one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi broadcasts her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
In his letters, the Apostle Paul can show either the boldness that Christ dwells within the believer (Rom. 8:10) and the eager for Christ to come in order that believers can ultimately be united with him (1 Thess. 4:17). Peter Orr develops the case that this under-explored dating among the presence and lack of Christ sheds very important gentle on Paul's Christology.
A lot has been written in regards to the lifetime of Jesus in works that regularly declare to be ancient and to hire ancient equipment. but simply occasionally are the tools and the presuppositions concerned made particular. despite the fact that, it has additionally been claimed extra lately decisive swap in our view of the character of ancient wisdom and strategies has taken position, in that the 'modern' has given method to the 'postmodern'.
John Milton’s epic poem Paradise misplaced consciously seeks to “justify the methods of God to males. ” The Apostle Paul’s magisterial letter to the Romans doesn't rather a lot intend to protect God’s methods as to claim God’s Word—a observe made public in the gospel. In Romans 9–11 this assertion happens in the context of God’s bothered courting with Israel, either earlier and destiny.
- The Post-Priestly Pentateuch: New Perspectives on its Redactional Development and Theological Profiles (Forschungen zum Alten Testament)
- Texts, Contexts and Readings in Postexilic Literature: Explorations into Historiography and Identity Negotiation in Hebrew Bible and Related Texts (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- Iconographic Exegesis of the Hebrew Bible / Old Testament: An Introduction to Its Theory, Method, and Practice
- The King and the Land: A Geography of Royal Power in the Biblical World
- Luke the Priest: The Authority of the Author of the Third Gospel
Additional resources for The Psalter as Witness: Theology, Poetry, and Genre
The Psalter as Witness: Theology, Poetry, and Genre by W. Dennis, Jr. Tucker,W. H., Jr. Bellinger