By Ryan Yonk,Jordan Lofthouse,Megan Hansen
This booklet dispels universal myths approximately electrical energy and electrical energy coverage and divulges how govt guidelines manage strength markets, create hidden expenditures, and will inflict a web damage at the American humans and the environment.
• Explores U.S. strength coverage and explains the principally unknown affects of coverage judgements which are quite proper this present day given transforming into issues surrounding weather swap and extending call for for action
• records how idealistic wants to be "green" and to desire renewable power over fossil fuels are hardly ever tempered by way of an realizing of the real-world tradeoffs that outcome from settling on one strength resource over others
• Identifies the direct impression of rules on electrical energy markets and particularly at the affordability of electrical energy for U.S. consumers
• provides details that are meant to be thought of crucial examining for policymakers charged with making expert, dependable judgements approximately our country's strength destiny in addition to for somebody eager to greater comprehend why "green strength" won't continuously be the simplest option
Read Online or Download The Reality of American Energy: The Hidden Costs of Electricity Policy PDF
Best energy physics books
Now in its 3rd version, this unmarried source covers all points of the usage of geothermal strength for strength iteration utilizing primary clinical and engineering rules. Its sensible emphasis is improved via case experiences from actual crops that raise the reader's knowing of geothermal power conversion and supply a distinct compilation of hard-to-obtain facts and event.
Gasoline Cells: Modeling, keep watch over, and functions describes complicated learn effects on modeling and regulate designs for gas cells and their hybrid strength platforms. choked with simulation examples and try out effects, it offers exact discussions on gas telephone modeling, research, and nonlinear regulate.
Photovoltaic Modules: know-how and Reliability presents certain insights into suggestions, fabric layout concepts, production ideas, caliber and repair lifestyles research of wafer-based photovoltaic modules. Taking an interdisciplinary technique, the authors specialize in major themes. half I – Crystalline Silicone Module know-how deals photovoltaics basics: sun cellphone houses, module layout, fabrics and creation, simple module characterization, module strength in addition to potency and module functionality.
The excellent consultant to engineering replacement and renewable power platforms and applications—updated for the most recent developments and applied sciences This booklet was once designed tohelp engineers enhance new ideas for the present strength economic climate. as a result it offers technical discussions, in addition to a variety of real-world examples of almost all current substitute power resources, purposes, structures and procedure parts.
- Three-Phase Electrical Power
- Marine Bioenergy: Trends and Developments
- Sustainable Energy Management
- The Political Economy of Low Carbon Transformation: Breaking the habits of capitalism (Routledge Studies in Low Carbon Development)
Additional info for The Reality of American Energy: The Hidden Costs of Electricity Policy
The Reality of American Energy: The Hidden Costs of Electricity Policy by Ryan Yonk,Jordan Lofthouse,Megan Hansen