By Wendy L. Widder
Read or Download "To Teach" in Ancient Israel: A Cognitive Linguistic Study of a Biblical Hebrew Lexical Set (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft) PDF
Best christian reference books
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the outdated testomony, exemplified by means of the ebook of Ruth. every one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi declares her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
In his letters, the Apostle Paul can convey either the boldness that Christ dwells within the believer (Rom. 8:10) and the eager for Christ to come back in order that believers can eventually be united with him (1 Thess. 4:17). Peter Orr develops the case that this under-explored dating among the presence and shortage of Christ sheds vital gentle on Paul's Christology.
A lot has been written in regards to the lifetime of Jesus in works that frequently declare to be historic and to hire ancient equipment. but simply occasionally are the equipment and the presuppositions concerned made specific. despite the fact that, it has additionally been claimed extra lately decisive swap in our view of the character of old wisdom and techniques has taken position, in that the 'modern' has given approach to the 'postmodern'.
John Milton’s epic poem Paradise misplaced consciously seeks to “justify the methods of God to males. ” The Apostle Paul’s magisterial letter to the Romans doesn't loads intend to safeguard God’s methods as to claim God’s Word—a note made public in the gospel. In Romans 9–11 this statement happens in the context of God’s afflicted courting with Israel, either prior and destiny.
- Cross-Bearing in Luke (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Leadership and Lifestyle: The Portrait of Paul in the Miletus Speech and 1 Thessalonians (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
- Hebrew Life and Literature: Selected Essays of Bernhard Lang (Society for Old Testament Study)
- The Erosion of Biblical Certainty: Battles over Authority and Interpretation in America
- The Expanded Text of Ecclesiasticus: Its Teaching on the Future Life as a Clue to its Origin (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies)
Extra info for "To Teach" in Ancient Israel: A Cognitive Linguistic Study of a Biblical Hebrew Lexical Set (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
"To Teach" in Ancient Israel: A Cognitive Linguistic Study of a Biblical Hebrew Lexical Set (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft) by Wendy L. Widder