By David W. Jorgensen
Read or Download Treasure Hidden in a Field: Early Christian Reception of the Gospel of Matthew (Studies of the Bible and Its Reception (SBR)) PDF
Similar christian reference books
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the outdated testomony, exemplified by way of the publication of Ruth. each one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi publicizes her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
In his letters, the Apostle Paul can convey either the boldness that Christ dwells within the believer (Rom. 8:10) and the eager for Christ to come in order that believers can ultimately be united with him (1 Thess. 4:17). Peter Orr develops the case that this under-explored courting among the presence and lack of Christ sheds vital gentle on Paul's Christology.
A lot has been written in regards to the lifetime of Jesus in works that regularly declare to be old and to hire old equipment. but purely occasionally are the equipment and the presuppositions concerned made particular. although, it has additionally been claimed extra lately decisive swap in our view of the character of ancient wisdom and strategies has taken position, in that the 'modern' has given method to the 'postmodern'.
John Milton’s epic poem Paradise misplaced consciously seeks to “justify the methods of God to males. ” The Apostle Paul’s magisterial letter to the Romans doesn't loads intend to safeguard God’s methods as to claim God’s Word—a observe made public in the gospel. In Romans 9–11 this assertion happens in the context of God’s bothered courting with Israel, either previous and destiny.
- Berit Olam: The Twelve Prophets: Volume 2: Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi
- Contradiction in the Book of Proverbs: The Deep Waters of Counsel (Society for Old Testament Study)
- The Gospel of John: A Theological Commentary
- Keys to First Corinthians: Revisiting the Major Issues
- The Zionist Bible: Biblical Precedent, Colonialism and the Erasure of Memory (BibleWorld)
- Individual and Community in Paul's Letter to the Romans (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
Additional resources for Treasure Hidden in a Field: Early Christian Reception of the Gospel of Matthew (Studies of the Bible and Its Reception (SBR))
Treasure Hidden in a Field: Early Christian Reception of the Gospel of Matthew (Studies of the Bible and Its Reception (SBR)) by David W. Jorgensen