By Keith Oldham,Jan Myland,Alan Bond
This publication treats electrochemistry as a technological know-how in its personal correct, albeit resting firmly on foundations supplied through chemistry, physics, and arithmetic. Early chapters speak about and chemical houses of fabrics from which electrochemical cells are built. The habit of such cells is addressed in later chapters, with emphasis at the electrodes and the reactions that take place on their surfaces. The function of delivery to and from electrodes is a subject that instructions recognition, since it crucially determines telephone potency. ultimate chapters take care of voltammetry, the technique used to enquire electrode habit. Interspersed one of the extra basic chapters are chapters dedicated to purposes of electrochemistry: electrosynthesis, strength assets, “green electrochemistry”, and corrosion.
Electrochemical technological know-how and Technology is addressed to all who've a necessity to come back to grips with the basics of electrochemistry and to profit approximately a few of its functions. it's going to represent a textual content for a senior undergraduate or graduate path in electrochemistry. It additionally serves as a resource of fabric of curiosity to scientists and technologists in a number of fields all through academia, undefined, and executive – chemists, physicists, engineers, environmentalists, fabrics scientists, biologists, and people in similar endeavors.
- Provides a history to electrochemistry, in addition to treating the subject itself.
- Is available to all with a starting place in actual technology, now not exclusively to chemists.
- Is addressed either to scholars and people later of their careers.
- Features net hyperlinks (through www.wiley.com/go/EST) to vast fabric that's of a extra tangential, really expert, or mathematical nature.
- Includes questions as footnotes to aid the reader’s evolving comprehension of the fabric, with totally labored solutions supplied at the web.
- Provides internet entry to Excel® spreadsheets which enable the reader to version electrochemical events.
- Has a copious Appendix of proper data.
Read Online or Download Electrochemical Science and Technology: Fundamentals and Applications PDF
Best physical & theoretical chemistry books
Electrochemistry is a self-discipline of large medical and technological curiosity. Scientifically, it explores houses of fabrics and particularly the interfaces among other kinds of topic. Technologically, electrochemistry touches our lives in lots of ways in which few absolutely savour; for instance, fabrics as diversified as aluminum, nylon, and bleach are synthetic electrochemically, whereas the batteries that strength all demeanour of home equipment, automobiles, and units are the goods of electrochemical examine.
This publication makes a speciality of functions of compound library layout and digital screening to extend the bioactive chemical house, to focus on hopping of chemotypes to spot synergies inside similar drug discovery tasks or to repurpose recognized medicinal drugs, to suggest mechanism of motion of compounds, or to spot off-target results via cross-reactivity research.
The main finished resource at the topic, this moment variation is totally revised and accelerated to bare the newest advances, applied sciences, and tendencies in hair and hair care science-tracking the advance of hair care items, the emergence of recent regulatory practices, and the most recent equipment in product defense and efficacy review.
Thoroughly revised and elevated all through, combined Surfactant structures, moment variation surveys the most recent effects, most modern experimental views, and theoretical investigations of houses, habit, and methods appropriate to combined surfactant structures. this significant publication elucidates center theoretical notions whereas summarizing result of state of the art reviews in nanoscale part separation at monolayers of combined amphiphiles, nanocapsule guidance via combos of cationic and anionic polymer amphiphiles, and the photodegradation of combined surfactant platforms by way of titanium dioxide.
- Mass Spectrometry for Microbial Proteomics
- Surfactant Science and Technology
- Handbook of Advanced Dielectric, Piezoelectric and Ferroelectric Materials: Synthesis, Properties and Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials)
- Polymer Surface Modification: Relevance to Adhesion, Volume 3
- Progress in Surface and Membrane Science: Volume 8: v. 8
Extra resources for Electrochemical Science and Technology: Fundamentals and Applications
Electrochemical Science and Technology: Fundamentals and Applications by Keith Oldham,Jan Myland,Alan Bond