By Richard D. Nelson
Richard D. Nelson addresses the textual difficulties severe to a whole knowing of Joshua and gives ancient, literary, and theological insights during this balanced commentary.
The outdated testomony Library offers clean and authoritative remedies of vital points of previous testomony research via commentaries and normal surveys. The individuals are students of overseas standing.
Read Online or Download Joshua (1997): A Commentary (The Old Testament Library) PDF
Similar christian reference books
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the previous testomony, exemplified via the publication of Ruth. every one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi broadcasts her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
In his letters, the Apostle Paul can exhibit either the boldness that Christ dwells within the believer (Rom. 8:10) and the eager for Christ to come back in order that believers can eventually be united with him (1 Thess. 4:17). Peter Orr develops the case that this under-explored courting among the presence and lack of Christ sheds vital gentle on Paul's Christology.
A lot has been written in regards to the lifetime of Jesus in works that regularly declare to be old and to hire old equipment. but purely occasionally are the equipment and the presuppositions concerned made particular. in spite of the fact that, it has additionally been claimed extra lately decisive switch in our view of the character of historic wisdom and techniques has taken position, in that the 'modern' has given strategy to the 'postmodern'.
John Milton’s epic poem Paradise misplaced consciously seeks to “justify the methods of God to males. ” The Apostle Paul’s magisterial letter to the Romans doesn't loads intend to guard God’s methods as to claim God’s Word—a observe made public in the gospel. In Romans 9–11 this statement happens in the context of God’s bothered courting with Israel, either previous and destiny.
- The Composition of Genesis 37: Incoherence and Meaning in the Exposition of the Joseph Story (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- Ethical Dimension of Cult in the Book of Isaiah (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Rethinking Biblical Scholarship: Changing Perspectives 4 (Copenhagen International Seminar)
- Chalice Introduction to the Old Testament
- The Theme of Hardening in the Book of Isaiah: An Analysis of Communicative Action (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- A Commentary on Numbers: Narrative, Ritual, and Colonialism (Routledge Studies in the Biblical World)
Additional resources for Joshua (1997): A Commentary (The Old Testament Library)
Joshua (1997): A Commentary (The Old Testament Library) by Richard D. Nelson