By Margarette Lincoln
Read or Download Representing the Royal Navy: British Sea Power, 1750–1815 PDF
Similar military history books
Through the post--World battle II period, American international coverage prominently featured direct U. S. army intervention within the 3rd international. but the chilly struggle positioned restraints on the place and the way Washington may well interfere till the cave in of the previous Soviet Union got rid of some of the limitations to -- and ideological justifications for -- American intervention.
In October and November of 2001, small numbers of squaddies from the military targeted Forces entered Afghanistan, associated up with parts of the Northern Alliance (an collection of Afghanis against the Taliban), and, in a remarkably brief time period, destroyed the Taliban regime. expert to paintings with indigenous forces and body of workers just like the Northern Alliance, those squaddies, occasionally using on horseback, mixed sleek army expertise with old options of relevant Asian conflict in what was once later defined as "the first cavalry cost of the twenty-first century.
Highlights of the amount comprise pioneering essays at the method of intelligence stories through Michael Fry and Miles Hochstein, and the long run perils of the surveillance country by means of James Der Derian. top professionals at the background of Soviet/Russian intelligence, Christopher Andrew and Oleg Gordievsky, give a contribution essays at the ultimate days of the KGB.
"First released in 1994, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
- The Counterintelligence Chronology: Spying by and Against the United States from the 1700s through 2014
- The Way of Duty, Honor, Country: The Memoir of General Charles Pelot Summerall (American Warrior Series)
- The International Workers’ Relief, Communism, and Transnational Solidarity: Willi Münzenberg in Weimar Germany (Palgrave Studies in the History of Social Movements)
- The War of 1812 U.S. War Department Correspondence, 1812–1815
- The Evolution of Operational Art, 1740-1813: From Frederick the Great to Napoleon (Military History and Policy)
- Drones and the Future of Air Warfare: The Evolution of Remotely Piloted Aircraft (Cass Military Studies)
Additional resources for Representing the Royal Navy: British Sea Power, 1750–1815
Representing the Royal Navy: British Sea Power, 1750–1815 by Margarette Lincoln