By Selina Todd
Read or Download Young Women, Work, and Family in England 1918-1950 PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
Age Discrimination appears at how either old and young could be penalised by means of prejudice opposed to their age crew. Following contemporary adjustments within the legislation, the difficulty of age discrimination has come to the fore. the recent laws will expand felony oversight of age-related discrimination to the supply of amenities, items and prone, in addition to employment.
Duman examines the transition from Keynesianism to monetarism by means of proposing an research of labour industry reforms in Greece and Turkey - wondering the position of sophistication fight at the implementation procedure. She additionally scrutinises the effect of the worldwide fiscal difficulty and the execution of reform rules in those international locations.
Because the first and biggest guestworker software, the U. S. –Mexico Bracero software (1942–1964) codified the unequal family members of work migration among the 2 international locations. This ebook interrogates the articulations of race and sophistication within the making of the Bracero software via introducing new syntheses of sociological theories and strategies to middle the reports and reminiscences of former Braceros and their households.
From the center of the 19th century until eventually the 1888 abolition of slavery in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro used to be domestic to the most important city inhabitants of enslaved staff wherever within the Americas. It used to be additionally the positioning of an incipient working-class cognizance that expressed itself throughout likely distinctive social different types.
- A. Philip Randolph: The Religious Journey of an African American Labor Leader
- Managing the Modern Workplace: Productivity, Politics and Workplace Culture in Postwar Britain: 0 (Studies in Labour History)
- Voice and Involvement at Work: Experience with Non-Union Representation (Routledge Research in Employment Relations)
- Market Expansion and Social Dumping in Europe (Routledge Advances in European Politics)
- Factors Affecting Worker Well-Being: The Impact of Change in the Labor Market: 40 (Research in Labor Economics)
Extra resources for Young Women, Work, and Family in England 1918-1950
Young Women, Work, and Family in England 1918-1950 by Selina Todd